Monday, June 26, 2017

That Signature Look

Hugh and I will be out and about and sometimes observe someone dressed creatively. We may comment on that person "wearing their signature look". The tone of comment usually laced with irony. I have now become someone to be commented upon in this way. Yes, THAT person. I have taken to finding ways to wear my "designs" as often as possible, appropriate or not. I am enamored with the idea that I can place my paintings and photos on clothing, bags, phone covers, pillows among other things.  I am gripped with an insanity of creativity.  This week I wore leggings emblazoned with a repeat pattern of my photo of Farm Stand Flowers to the office. A contrast to my little black dress.
Farm Stand Flower, Stargazer, Rainbow Heart and Shell Collection 
Cinema and Rainbow Beach bags, Shell Collection scarf and top

My exploration of art e-commerce began on Redbubble with the Seashell dress. Redbubble is an international company based in Melbourne, Australia and San Francisco USA. I found the site very easy to use. To begin a design, you upload an image and it appears on every product that they offer. The artist then goes through each item and decides what works and what doesn't. I am still learning technical things about image sizing, but my initial experiments are coming out better than I expected. The quality is good and the prices are reasonable. For example the leggings are $49, the A-Line dress is $65 and the scarves which are 55 inches square, are $35. The company often offers 20% off and purchases of more than one of something get discounted. Items are made to order so delivery takes a few weeks. If you have any questions, let me know! 

Redbubble also manufactures art reproductions on canvas. I've just received my first canvas print. I'll show you how that came out soon. Stay tuned for more product research. At this stage, I'm my own best customer.

4 comments:

  1. How cute are you ith that dress and leggings!Beautiful!Your photos and art are gorgeous on the signature items❤️πŸ’―πŸŒŸπŸ‘πŸ»

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great site and one I wasn't aware of. I love your various leggins and that photo of you is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun and liberating! Your leggings are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!